College of Business and Leadership
Bachelor of Science Business Administration
Bachelor of Science Human Resource Leadership
Bachelor of Science Information Systems Management
Bachelor of Science Management
Master of Science in Leadership and Management
Graduates of the College of Business and Leadership will be prepared for careers and professions that provide support and services for the well-being of individuals, family, or society and qualified to seek admission for advanced levels of study.
With a commitment to enhance student learning by providing educational opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels through a carefully planned and implemented program of study, the College of Business and Leadership provides bachelor-level degree programs that include the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management, the Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Leadership, and the Bachelor of Science in Management as well as the graduate-level degree program, the Master of Science in Leadership and Management. All of these programs support the mission of the University by preparing men and women, through a commitment to academic excellence, implementation of innovative teaching and learning strategies, emphasis in research, public service, distance education, and spiritual vitality, so that they can serve in their chosen profession in the church, community, or society.
Additionally, the University has a commitment to public service. Customized, on-demand needs may be met through continuing education efforts offered by the Amridge University School of Continuing Education. These training sessions are typically designed for life-long learners not pursuing academic degrees.
UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATIONAL GOALS OF THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND LEADERSHIP
- To enhance student learning by providing educational opportunities at the undergraduate level through a carefully planned and implemented program of study.
- To provide scheduled and effectively utilized distance learning technologies to foster the ability for students to learn anytime and anywhere.
- To provide foundation programs of study to undergraduate students that complement the University’s graduate programs and encourage students to further their studies for careers and professions to serve in the church, community, and/or society.
- To recruit, retain, and promote professional development of qualified faculty, staff, and administrators.
- To develop and maintain periodic internal evaluation to ensure that all programs operating within a manner consistent with the mission of Amridge University.
- To provide students with instruction on the use of the latest technologies used in the fields associated with their respective program of study.
- To provide and maintain learning resources and an environment conducive for student learning, scholarly research, and quality teaching in the 21st century.
GRADUATE EDUCATIONAL GOALS OF THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND LEADERSHIP
- Each student will acquire a basic core of knowledge of leadership, related disciplines, and practical methods as a foundation for a productive professional life.
- Each student will develop intellectual capacities for critical thinking and problem solving, for analyzing and utilizing information, and for reasoning ethically and morally in decision-making.
- Each student will develop skills for research, human relations, leadership, and oral and written communication appropriate to that student’s profession.
- Each student will gain essential knowledge, develop proper attitudes, and acquire important skills to prepare for more advanced studies, for employment in a chosen profession, and/or for life-long learning.
- Each student will learn to use the latest technologies used in the fields associated with the program of study.
Each student will, through acquisition of skills in communication and human relations, prepare to function responsibly and effectively in the familial, social, and civic arenas of life.