1. Log in to the e-book service by using your last name as the username and the letters “au” + your University ID number as your password.
2. You will be taken to Amridge University’s e-book service.
3. Click on a particular discipline to find books in that area (for example, “Religion” or “History”).
4. Otherwise, you may do a simple search from the “Simple Search” box at the upper left-hand corner of the screen by typing in a term and clicking “Search.”
5. A list of books matching your results will come up.
6. Click on the desired title to be taken to information about the item and to read the full text of the book. Information about the book will come up.
7. To read a book on your computer screen, click the “Read Online” button on the left-hand side.
8. You will be taken to the full text of the book.
9. When in the full text viewing mode, use the arrow keys at the top right corner of the screen to page back and forth through the wording of the book. You can also search in a text by typing terms in the search box (“Search within book”) on the left-hand bar of the screen.
10. For further online instructions, click on the “Home” link at the top of the screen. You will be taken back to the main page.
11. From the “Home” page, you will find various help links on the left-hand side of the page that will give you additional tips. The “View Knowledge Base” and “View LibGuide” links are especially recommended.