Admissions FAQ

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
What degrees are offered at Amridge?

Degree programs can be found by clicking on the “Academics” link on the homepage. Programs are broken down by school and can be found by clicking on the school where a list of programs will be provided for you to browse.  Additional detailed information can be found in the University’s Academic Catalog, which can be found under the “Academics” tab.

Are all Amridge degrees offered fully online?

All undergraduate degrees are offered fully online.  Graduate and post-graduate degrees can be completed either fully or mostly online.  Residency requirements apply for all Amridge University Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree programs.  Additionally, there are additional requirements for the Master of Arts and Master of Divinity degree programs offered through the Amridge University Turner School of Theology.

Where do I find degree offerings and course descriptions?

To locate course listing and descriptions, go to the “Academics” tab and click on your school of interest and view the quick information concerning our degree programs. For in-depth information it is recommended you review the Academic Catalog. There you will find all our programs by College and Schools with specific program information that will help you as you navigate your degree.  Our advisors are well versed in these programs and can help you with the details.  Call us at 1.888.790.8080.

How may I get a catalog?

Amridge University makes its catalog available online.  Click on the link under the “Academics” tab to be taken to the Amridge University Academic Catalog.

How can I receive specific information about enrolling at Amridge University?

Fill out the Request for Information form on the right side of your screen and click Request Information. This form is also referred to as an (RFI) form.  An advisor will contact you shortly. A list of Admission requirements are available within the Academic Catalog.

Do I need an associate degree to enroll in undergraduate courses at Amridge University?

No, but you do need proof of high school graduation or GED as the minimum requirement to be admitted to Amridge University.

How and when do I submit my application for admission?

Upon determining your degree interest, click on the “Apply Now” link under Admissions and follow the instructions.

Admission requirements are available within the Academic Catalog.

How can I find more information about distance learning at Amridge University?

Amridge University’s Student Affairs Division can answer all your questions about Distance Learning. Call 1.888.790.8080.

Can I get a student ID card as a distance education student?

All registered students are issued an ID card every fall semester, and each new student is issued an ID card the first semester enrolled.  The ID cards are mailed to each student.  If you need to provide proof of student enrollment at our University call 1.888.790.8080.

Will I be given an Amridge University email address?

Yes. Students who enroll at Amridge University receive an emailed notification assigning a email account. This email will come to the personal email address given to the University at the time of enrollment. This email account provides the student access to Microsoft Office 365 where the student can access email and use the latest Microsoft programs.

Is there any information I can review on the interaction between students and faculty at Amridge University?

Yes.  Within your course syllabus, you will find the requirements that govern the student and the faculty.

Does Amridge accept credits from the Community College of the Air Force?

Yes, Amridge University has an articulation plan with the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). The articulation plans are for those Amridge University undergraduate programs that are directly related to associate degrees offered by the CCAF.

How are homework assignments completed?

Amridge University uses Blackboard as the primary virtual classroom.  Coursework completed within the Blackboard learning environment may involve posted lectures, email, discussion boards, testing and group projects.

May I turn in assignments anytime during the semester?

None of our courses are “independent study” so all assignments have actual due dates.  You may submit assignments early or by the due date.  This helps you spread the workload.  This also provides you an opportunity to digest the new material before moving on or to seek immediate clarification.

Will I have to be in front of my computer at the same time as my classmates or my instructor?

It all depends on your degree program.  Associate and bachelor programs do not require “same time” access. Master’s and doctoral programs have certain courses that will stream live (same time); live classes are recorded if you cannot attend live.  Anytime you are able to attend live, it’s to your advantage because you can ask questions, receive answers, and participate in class discussions in real time.  However, anytime you view a recorded session you can email your questions and your instructor will respond.  There are some courses in certain programs where live, same-time access may be required.  Your advisor can discuss specific course requirements before you start a program.

Can I obtain personal tutoring services at Amridge University?

Yes. Amridge University students have access to personal academic tutoring through the SMARTHINKING system and services at no additional cost. SMARTHINKING provides live academic help from academic specialists in several key academic disciplines associated with Amridge University courses. These disciplines include (1) Math, (2) Writing, (3) Grammar, (4) Chemistry, (5) Statistics, (6) Accounting, Managerial, (7) Accounting, Financial, (8) Microeconomics, (9) Macroeconomics, and (10) Spanish. Amridge University students can access the SMARTHINKING system and services by clicking on your Resources tab within your Blackboard course.

I am interested in the PhD programs in Marriage and Family Therapy and in Professional Counseling. Will there be opportunities for me to give presentations and write for publication, so that I can develop as a scholar?

Many Amridge University Ph.D. students have presented at state, national and international conferences including the International Family Therapy Association Conference and the AAMFT Conference.  Also, Ph.D. students are required to write a publishable quality paper before beginning the dissertation phase of their programs.  Additionally, several faculty members have worked with doctoral students on conference presentations and publications, so this is a very nurturing environment for you as an emerging scholar.

What are the internet connection requirements?

A student must have access to a broadband or high-speed internet connection. Cable Modem, DSL or ADSL, or Satellite is acceptable. Dial-up connections will not permit the required data exchange!  The minimum rates required are 128 Kbps upload speed and 256 Kbps download speed. Note: Some services are labeled “DSL” when in fact they are dial-up connections with varying compression rates and cache servers located at central server locations, which may give the sense of faster speed. If the rates at which you can transmit and receive data are not 128 Kbps up and 256 Kbps down, you do not have a broadband connection or “DSL.”  How to check Internet speed: Go to the link below to test “Upload Speed” and “Download Speed.”  True high-speed internet access will have download speeds in excess of 384 kbps (this being the minimum) and upload speeds of128 Kbps (this also being the minimum). The internet service provider’s SLA (Service Level Agreement) is usually 70% of what you buy. At 256 Kbps, you are promised 179 Kbps. At 384 Kbps, you are promised 268 Kbps. A constant 179 Kbps or better should work, but to get a true 256 Kbps, the service would be rated at 384 Kbps.

What are the computer requirements?

The following are the general minimum computer requirements for current core technologies (specifically Blackboard and Elluminate):

Windows Operating Systems
•  Windows XP (32 Bit with 32 Bit JVM, Java)
•  Windows Vista (32 Bit with 32 Bit JVM, Java)
•  Windows Vista (64 Bit with 64 Bit JVM, Java)
•  Windows 7 (32 Bit with 32 Bit JVM, Java)
•  Windows 7 (64 Bit with 64 Bit JVM, Java)

Hardware for Windows Operating Systems
•  Pentium III 1 GHz processor
•  256 MB available RAM
•  20 MB of available disk space
•  Broadband Internet connection
•  Headset with microphone

Macintosh Operating Systems and Software
•  OS X 10.5 (32 Bit with 32 Bit JVM, Java)
•  OS X 10.6 (64 Bit with 32 Bit JVM, Java)
•  OS X 10.6 (64 Bit with 64 Bit JVM, Java)
•  PC Emulator for Summit Point 2 (for access to archived classes recorded in the Summit Point 2 format)

Hardware for the Macintosh Operating Systems
•  G4, G5 or Intel processor
•  256 MB available RAM
•  20 MB of available disk space
•  Broadband Internet connection
•  Headset with microphone

Computer operating systems no longer supported
•  Windows 95
•  Windows 98
•  Windows ME
•  Windows NT
•  Windows 2000
•  Solaris 10 x86

Internet Browsers for the Windows Operating Systems
•  Internet Explorer 7 or higher
•  Firefox 3.5 or higher

Internet Browsers for the Macintosh Operating Systems
•  Safari 4.0 or higher
•  Firefox 3.5 or higher