The Associate of Arts in Business Administration program provides students with opportunities to complete an initial college degree while establishing a solid academic foundation for a bachelor degree in the field of business. Upon completing of the associate degree, a student may have completed one-half of the requirements for a bachelor’s degree. This associate degree requires 20 credit hours of general education, 20 credit hours of prescribed core courses and 24 credit hours of elective courses. Students enrolled in the Associate of Arts in Business Administration will study the foundations of business operations while developing the knowledge and skills necessary to help their organizations compete in today’s globally competitive environment. As a result of the knowledge gained from an integrated general education and business core program, graduates will be prepared in the essential areas of accounting, management, and marketing. With this preparation, graduates will be equipped with the knowledge to support the operations of their respective organization, business, or corporation, thereby making them prepared to assume entry-level positions in the areas of business operations, management, customer service, purchasing, costs estimation, finances, and marketing as well as the positions of adjusters, public relations specialists, buyers, compensation and benefits specialists, and other similar positions.
Upon completion of the Associate of Arts in Business Administration Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze the basic concepts of American business;
- Demonstrate the ability to use industry-standard software to generate appropriately formatted, accurate, and attractive business communications such as memos, letters, and reports;
- Demonstrate appropriate entry-level skills in the areas of accounting, commerce, marketing, and management.
Graduation Requirements for the Associate of Arts in Business Administration
Before being graduated with the Associate of Arts in Business Administration, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete at least 64 semester hours of which at least 20 semester hours must be taken with Amridge University;
- Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
Distance learning provides flexibility that working adults need. Learn why our students recommend Amridge University. Now is the time to enroll!
The Course Requirements of 64 semester credit hours for the degree program Associate of Arts in Business Administration includes general education courses (20 semester hours), program specific courses (16 semester hours), a foundation course (4 semester hours), and elective courses (24 semester hours).
|Core General Education Courses|
EH 1401 English Composition I
HM 2410 Introduction to Ethics
MH 1403 College Algebra
MH 1404 Finite Math
HE 1401 Health
HE 1405 Human Nutrition
SC 1410 Introduction to Life Sciences
BY 2401 Biology I
PG 2401 General Psychology
|Total Core General Education Course Hours||20|
|BS 1401 Introduction to Business
CO 1405 Microcomputer Applications
Choose two from the following courses:
BS 1406 Accounting Principles I (Prerequisite: CO 1405 – Microcomputer Applications)
BS 2400 e-Commerce
BS 2406 Accounting Principles II (Prerequisite: BS 1406 – Accounting Principles I)
BS 2408 Management: Theory, Practices, and Application
BS 2418 Marketing: Principles and Practices
|Total Concentration Course Hours||16|
|FD 1412 Management Intervention (required at the beginning of the Student’s program)||4|
|Total Foundational Hours||4|
|Elective Course Hours (select from 1000-2000 level courses)||24|
|Total Hours for Associate Degree||64|