Distance learning provides flexibility that working adults need. Learn why our students recommend Amridge University. Now is the time to enroll!
Master of Science in Christian Ministry
The Master of Science (MS) in Christian Ministry is designed to prepare students to serve more effectively in their respective ministry environments. Students will receive advanced ministerial training via the core course requirements and may select from a variety of elective courses to enhance their training in a specific area of interest. This program provides a proper foundation for students to pursue more advanced studies and degree programs and is open to applicants who hold a four-year bachelor’s degree in any field of study.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Christian Ministry program the graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to work in a Christian ministry setting.
- Recognize and articulate the major doctrines of Christianity.
- Lead an organization from a values-based position.
A student may demonstrate achievement of these outcomes by receiving a passing grade in the course and on the Program Exit Exam administered in the following capstone course:
MS 7310 – Contemporary Issues in Christian Ministry
Applications for admission to the Master of Science in Christian Ministry program will not be considered complete until the following items are completed and submitted:
- Application with fee.
- An official transcript showing an earned 4 year Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from a regionally or selected nationally accredited institution.
If the applicant has not completed the last course(s) at another school for which he or she is registered at the time of filing his or her application with Amridge University, a partial transcript should be sent for evaluation. No academic credit will be recorded on a student’s permanent record until all necessary credentials are received.
Time Normally Required to Complete the Program
The Master of Science in Christian Ministry may be completed in 4 semesters. A student may take courses on a part-time or full-time basis.
The Course Requirements of 36 semester credit hours for the degree program Master of Science in Christian Ministry consists of program-specific courses (21 semester hours), elective courses (12 semester hours), and a capstone course (3 semester hours).
Amridge University recognizes that students transferring from other institutions may have earned academic credit that is applicable to their Academic Plan at the University. Students may be eligible to transfer up to 15 semester hours of coursework into the Master of Science in Christian Ministry.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MASTER OF SCIENCE IN CHRISTIAN MINISTRY
Before being graduated with the Master of Science in Christian Ministry, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete a total of 36 graduate semester hours of the required coursework;
- At least 21 of the graduate semester hours must be from Amridge University;
- Complete all required coursework for the degree;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0;
- Students who expect to pursue further graduate study beyond this degree should maintain a 3.0; and
- Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
The Course Requirements of 36 semester credit hours for the degree program Master of Science in Christian Ministry consists of program specific courses (24 semester hours), elective courses (12 semester hours).
|Required Courses for the Master of Science in Christian Ministry
|Introduction to Pastoral Counseling
|Research and Evaluation
|Contemporary Issues in Christian Ministry
|Total Christian Ministry Hours for Masters Degree
|Elective Course Hours for Masters Degree
|Total Hours for Masters Degree
| Common Titles: