Distance learning provides flexibility that working adults need. Learn why our students recommend Amridge University. Now is the time to enroll!
Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management
The Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management is an advanced degree program designed for professionals who desire to incorporate research-driven strategies and evidence-based concepts into their work. Throughout this course of study, students will improve their research skills and enhance their ability to lead and manage in diverse environments, equipping them to address the most prevalent challenges organizations face today.
Applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management program will not be considered complete until all the following items are properly completed and submitted:
- Application with fee.
- Official transcript showing an earned Graduate degree in a related field from a regionally or selected nationally accredited institution.
- Writing Sample (e.g. Career Monograph, Published Journal Article, term paper from master’s degree or a doctoral dissertation, or other applicable writing sample). Applicant must submit a paper or thesis from the master’s degree level or doctoral dissertation that is written in accordance with a style manual generally accepted by colleges and universities. The writing sample must have been written solely by the applicant and should reflect the applicant’s research and academic writing skills. Ideally, the term paper shall contain grade marks by the course instructor.
- Interview of the applicant. The assigned Amridge University faculty interviewer will arrange an interview with the applicant – this may be done by telephone.
Upon completion of the program the graduate will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the application of leadership and management theories and models in diverse organizational contexts.
- Formulate strategies to address issues that impact contemporary organizations.
- Make evidence-based decisions that are responsible and ethically sound.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to evaluate organizations.
Time Normally Required to Complete the Program
The Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management may be completed in four years attending full-time. A student may take the courses on a part-time or full-time basis. This estimate includes coursework and the writing and acceptance of the dissertation.
Required Courses for the Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management
The Course Requirements of 51 semester credit hours for the degree program Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management consists of an Orientation Course (3 semester hours, Research Courses (12 semester hours), Discipline Specific Courses (21 Hours), a Comprehensive Examination (3 semester hours), and Dissertation courses (12 semester hours).
|Required Courses for the Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management||Sem. Hrs.|
|FD 9301||Foundations and Advanced Scholarly Writing for Doctoral Study||3|
|LD 9312||Management Theory and Practice||3|
|LD 9315||Leading Innovation and Change||3|
|LD 9318||Legal Aspects of Management||3|
|LD 9320||Human Development and Motivation||3|
|LD 9323||Ethical Leadership and Decision Making||3|
|LD 9327||Negotiation and Conflict Management||3|
|LD 9330||Current Trends and Topics in Organizations||3|
|RS 9320||Research Methodology||3|
|RS 9321||Qualitative Research Methods||3|
|RS 9322||Quantitative Research Methods||3|
|Choose one from the two options:|
|RS 9323||Advanced Quantitative Design and Analysis||3|
|OR||RS 9324||Advanced Qualitative Design and Analysis||3|
|Total Required Hours for Doctoral Degree||36|
|Qualifying Examination for the Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management|
|RL 9030||Qualifying Examination for Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management||3|
|Total Qualifying Examination Hours for Doctoral Degree||3|
|Research Dissertation Modules for the Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and Management|
|RL 9301||Research Dissertation in Org. Leadership Module 1||3|
|RL 9302||Research Dissertation in Org. Leadership Module 2||3|
|RL 9303||Research Dissertation in Org. Leadership Module 3||3|
|RL 9304||Research Dissertation in Org. Leadership Module 4||3|
|Total Research Dissertation Module Hours for Doctoral Degree||12|
|Total Hours for Doctoral Degree||51|