Amridge University Commencement 2021
The Amridge University Graduation Commencement Ceremony scheduled for May 28, 2021, has been canceled.
Unfortunately, we are still dealing with the challenges of the Coronavirus Pandemic and must act to best serve Amridge University’s family, which includes our Board, Administration, Faculty, Staff, and Students. While vaccinations are showing good results, we are still under regulatory mandates involving social distancing.
Enclosed is information relevant to the Spring 2021 graduation procedures of Amridge University. This information will outline the procedures Amridge University will take to confer degrees.
Students can contact the University Registrar, Elaine Tarence with additional questions. 1.888.790.8080 Ext. 5 or email@example.com
Students who need to purchase caps, gowns, and cords for pictures and/or private celebrations, can do so using the following link. Your order will be sent to you from Oak Hall.
Graduation details for student regalia and awards:
Caps, Gowns, Hoods
The honor cords awarded at the Amridge University graduation ceremony have a specific meaning. Each cord awarded has a required cumulative grade point average for each level of honor.
Cum Laude 3.500-3.699 — red honor cord
Magna Cum Laude 3.700-3.899—gold honor cord
Summa Cum Laude 3.900-4.00—red honor cord
- Advanced degree candidates wear hoods.
- The lining of the Amridge University hood is blue and white, and the velvet border of the hood is red.
- All candidates will retain their cap, gown, and tassel.
Proper Attire and Etiquette
Amridge University graduation participants will purchase a graduation regalia package from Oak Hall, which will include a black cap and gown along with a red tassel. Student graduates at the Master’s and Doctoral letter will purchase a hood as well. (Coming Soon: Link to purchase regalia)
- Amridge University Policy states that candidates may not alter or decorate their regalia in any way or wear additional articles not sanctioned by the university. Doing so may interfere with your ability to participate in the graduation ceremony. This includes stoles.
- Tassels are worn on the left side of the graduation cap at all times.
- Men should wear dark slacks and dark shoes. Women should wear dark shoes and simple jewelry.
The diploma cover you will receive at the ceremony will be empty. You will be given your diploma after the graduation ceremony. If you are unable to attend the commencement ceremony, your diploma will be mailed to you.
Map – Renaissance Montgomery Performing Arts Centre, 201 Tallapoosa St, Montgomery, AL 36104.
Contact: 334.387.7528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Renaissance Hotel (MPAC)||334.481.5000||201 Tallapoosa St|
|Embassy Suites (Downtown)||334-269-5055||300 Tallapoosa St|
|Doubletree by Hilton||334-245-2320||120 Madison Ave.|
|Hampton Inn and Suites||334-265-1010||100 Commerce St|
Fill Out Your Degree Completion Form to Petition for Graduation
Earning a degree from Amridge University is an honor and an accomplishment. While you’ll often hear the terms “graduation” and “commencement” used interchangeably, there are actually significant differences.
- Applying for graduation is a process whereby students nearing the completion of their degree requirements formally alert the University of their expectation to graduate. Students who will be graduating must fill out a Degree Completion Application no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met.
- Graduation, or the act of earning a degree, refers to the successful completion of all credit hours and other degree requirements (such as practicum hours) in a particular academic program. Every May, August, and December, each School and College may confer academic degrees. Once these obligations have been satisfied, students are considered degree candidates or candidates for graduation until final grades are submitted, fees paid, and other University obligations satisfied. Students who are considered a conferred degree candidate will receive their diplomas in at the appointed Commencement ceremony. Diplomas are given to students who participate in the Commencement ceremony, while students who are not able to attend are mailed their diploma after the Commencement event.
- Commencement is the formal ceremony held to publicly recognize and congratulate the degree candidates.
Degree Completion Instructions:
- Follow your Academic Plan closely (through Self-Service)
- Petition to graduate the semester BEFORE the semester you intend to graduate by filling out the Degree Completion Application and submitting the non-refundable fee of $125Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
- The fee can be paid using Financial Aid.
- The fee must only be paid once and is good until you graduate.
- *The fee DOES NOT include the cap and gown, these items must be acquired at Oak Hall.
(*Students are required to wear a cap and gown at the Graduation Ceremony; students will not be able to participate if they do not have a cap and gown.)
- You will receive a confirmation email once the application has been submitted
- The graduation ceremony occurs one time per year, following the end of the Spring term.
- If you have filled out the Degree Completion Application, information regarding graduation will be emailed to you starting in March (not before!)