Amridge University Commencement 2024
The upcoming 2024 Graduation Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for May 17, 2024.
Amridge University would love to see you at graduation! Here is what you need to do to attend.
The graduation ceremony is by reservation only. Students from Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and Spring 2024 are invited to attend the ceremony, which will take place at the Montgomery Performing Arts Centre in Montgomery, AL. Graduates who have conferred degrees on their transcript will need to reserve their spot to graduate and order regalia for the ceremony, or they will not be able to march in the ceremony. The deadline to order regalia is April 26, 2024.
Let’s get started!
If you are a recent graduate with a conferred degree, we invite you to attend the 2024 commencement ceremony in Montgomery, AL. To attend the ceremony, you must complete Steps ONE and TWO of the graduation reservation process.
Step 1 – Purchase regalia for the ceremony
Step 2 – Complete your Reservation for the 2024 Ceremony
Contact the University Registrar, Elaine Tarence with additional questions. 1.888.790.8080 Ext. 5 or email@example.com
Purchase A Custom Frame for Your Diploma!
Order Your Class Ring!
Caps, Gowns, Hoods Details
The honor cords awarded at the Amridge University graduation ceremony have a specific meaning. Each cord awarded has a required cumulative grade point average for each level of honor.
Cum Laude 3.500-3.699 — red honor cord
Magna Cum Laude 3.700-3.899—gold honor cord
Summa Cum Laude 3.900-4.00—red honor cord
- Advanced degree candidates wear hoods.
- The lining of the Amridge University hood is blue and white, and the velvet border of the hood is red.
- All candidates will retain their cap, gown, and tassel.
Proper Attire and Etiquette
Amridge University graduation participants will purchase a graduation regalia package from Oak Hall, which will include a black cap and gown along with a red tassel. Student graduates at the Master’s and Doctoral letter will purchase a hood as well.
- Amridge University Policy states that candidates may not alter or decorate their regalia in any way or wear additional articles not sanctioned by the university. Doing so may interfere with your ability to participate in the graduation ceremony. This includes stoles.
- Tassels are worn on the left side of the graduation cap at all times.
- Men are encouraged to wear dark slacks and dark shoes, while women may want to wear dark shoes and simple jewelry.
Diplomas are mailed at the end of each semester. (For example: Students graduating in Summer will receive their paper diploma 4 – 6 weeks after the University has conferred Summer degrees.) This length of time allows the University staff to process transcripts and coordinate diploma mailouts.
Please note: Students who graduate in the Spring should not expect to receive their diplomas at the ceremony, all diplomas are mailed to students. No exceptions.
Map – Renaissance Montgomery Performing Arts Centre, 201 Tallapoosa St, Montgomery, AL 36104.
Contact: 334.387.7528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Renaissance Hotel (MPAC)||334.481.5000||201 Tallapoosa St|
|Embassy Suites (Downtown)||334-269-5055||300 Tallapoosa St|
|Doubletree by Hilton||334-245-2320||120 Madison Ave.|
|Hampton Inn and Suites||334-265-1010||100 Commerce St|
Fill Out Your Degree Completion Form to Petition for Graduation
Earning a degree from Amridge University is an honor and an accomplishment. While you’ll often hear the terms “graduation” and “commencement” used interchangeably, there are actually significant differences.
- Applying for graduation is a process whereby students nearing the completion of their degree requirements formally alert the University of their expectation to graduate. Students who will be graduating must fill out a Degree Completion Application no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met.
- Graduation, or the act of earning a degree, refers to the successful completion of all credit hours and other degree requirements (such as practicum hours) in a particular academic program. Every May, August, and December, each School and College will confer academic degrees. Once these obligations have been satisfied, students are considered degree candidates or candidates for graduation until final grades are submitted, fees paid, and other University obligations satisfied.
- Commencement is the formal ceremony held to publicly recognize and congratulate the degree candidates.
Degree Completion Instructions:
- Follow your Academic Plan closely (through Self-Service)
- Petition to graduate the semester BEFORE the semester you intend to graduate by filling out the Degree Completion Application and submitting the non-refundable fee of $125. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
- The fee can be paid using Financial Aid.
- The fee must only be paid once and is good until you graduate.
- *The fee DOES NOT include the cap and gown, these items must be acquired at Oak Hall.
(*Students are required to wear a cap and gown at the Graduation Ceremony; students will not be able to participate if they do not have a cap and gown.)
- You will receive a confirmation email from Amridge once the application has been submitted. Please remember your degree must be audited in order for you to complete the graduation process.