Distance learning provides flexibility that working adults need. Learn why our students recommend Amridge University. Now is the time to enroll!
Associate of Arts in Human Resource Leadership
The Associate of Arts in Human Resource Leadership program provides students with opportunities to complete an initial college degree while establishing a solid academic foundation for a bachelor degree in the fields of business and human resources. Upon completing this associate degree, a student may have completed one-half of the requirements for a bachelor’s degree. The associate degree requires 20 credit hours of general education, 20 credit hours of prescribed core courses and 24 credit hours of elective courses. Students enrolled in the Associate of Arts in Human Resource Leadership will study human effort, relationships, and leadership, as well as how to secure and maintain those who make up the organization. Additionally, students will learn about the effects of human-relation policies and systems on organizational performance and how each impacts the performance of those within the organization.
Upon completion of the Associate of Arts in Human Resource Leadership Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze the basic concepts of American business.
- Demonstrate the ability to use industry-standard software to generate appropriately formatted, accurate, and attractive business communications such as memos, letters, and reports.
- Demonstrate appropriate entry-level skills in the areas of business, organizational behavior, management information systems, management communication, and human social behavior;
Students desiring to enroll in the Associate of Arts (AA) in Human Resource Leadership degree program should make an application for admission online. Continuous participation in the program until all requirements of the AA are met is mandatory for graduation. If a student decides to discontinue work on the AA he or she may do so by submitting a change of degree application.
A degree completion fee is charged to all students who petition the University for graduation. The application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester before the semester the student plans to graduate. A credit of this fee will be applied to the student’s account if he or she goes into the bachelors program after completing the Associate of Arts degree.
Only one degree will be awarded in a given semester. An associate degree and a bachelor degree will not be awarded simultaneously.
Graduation Requirements for the Associate of Arts in Human Resource Leadership
Before being graduated with the Associate of Arts in Human Resource Leadership, a student must satisfy the following conditions:
- Complete at least 64 semester hours of which at least 20 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
- Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The duly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester before the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the individual student records to make sure that all courses, programs, and individual graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
The Course Requirements of 64 semester credit hours for the degree program Associate of Arts in Human Resource Leadership includes general education courses (20 semester hours), program specific courses (16 semester hours), a foundation course (4 semester hours), and elective courses (24 semester hours).
|Core General Education Courses|
EH 1401 English Composition I
MH 1403 College Algebra
MH 1404 Finite Math
PG 2401 General Psychology
HM 2410 Introduction to Ethics
BY 2401 Biology I
HE 1401 Health
HE 1405 Human Nutrition
SC 1410 Introduction to Life Sciences
|Total Core General Education Course Hours||20|
|BS 1401 Introduction to Business
CO 1405 Microcomputer Applications
|Choose two from the following courses:
BS 1403 Business Math
BS 2405 Principles of Organizational Behavior
CO 1403 Management Information Systems in Business
MC 1410 Speech and Written Communication Skills for Career Growth
SY 2401 Introductory Sociology
|Total Concentration Course Hours||16|
|FD 1412 Management Intervention (required at the beginning of the student’s program)||4|
|Total Foundational Hours||4|
|Elective Course Hours (select from 1000-2000 level courses)||24|
|Total Hours for Associate Degree||64|