The Associate of Arts in Information Systems Management program provides students with opportunities to complete an initial college degree while establishing a solid academic foundation for a bachelor degree in the field of information systems. Upon completing the associate degree, a student may have completed one-half of the requirements for a bachelor’s degree. The associate degree requires 20 credit hours of general education, 20 credit hours of prescribed core courses and 24 credit hours of elective courses. Students enrolled in the Associate of Arts in Information Systems Management will study open source systems and software applications and develop the analytical skills needed to maintain and operate hardware and software systems. Graduates will be prepared to assume positions in information technology, technical support, and internal and external customer service technology operations positions.
Upon completion of the Associate of Arts in Information Systems Management Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in general education areas that are foundations to life skills and further education;
- Impart knowledge of government and philosophical foundations;
- Develop a solid foundation for further study in information systems and related areas.
Students desiring to enroll in the Associate of Arts (AA) in Information Systems Management degree program should make application for admission online. Continuous participation in the program until all requirements of the AA are met is mandatory for graduation. If a student decides to discontinue work on the AA he or she may do so by submitting a change of degree application.
A degree completion fee is charged to all students who petition the University for graduation. The application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester before the semester the student plans to graduate. A credit of this fee will be applied to the student’s account if he or she goes into the bachelors program after completing the Associate of Arts degree.
Only one degree will be awarded in a given semester. An associate degree and a bachelor degree will not be awarded simultaneously.
Graduation Requirements for the Associate of Arts in Information Systems Management
Before being graduated with the Associate of Arts in Information Systems Management, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete at least 64 semester hours of which at least 20 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
- Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester before the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the individual student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and individual graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
The Course Requirements of 64 semester credit hours for the degree program Associate of Arts in Information Systems Management includes general education courses (20 semester hours), program specific courses (16 semester hours), a foundation course (4 semester hours), and elective courses (24 semester hours).
|Core General Education Courses|
EH 1401 English Composition I
MH 1403 College Algebra
MH 1404 Finite Math
PG 2401 General Psychology
HM 2410 Introduction to Ethics
BY 2401 Biology I
HE 1401 Health
HE 1405 Human Nutrition
SC 1410 Introduction to Life Sciences
|Total Core General Education Course Hours||20|
|BS 1401 Introduction to Business
CO 1403 Management Information Systems in Business
CO 1405 Microcomputer Applications
|CO 2410 Database Management (Prerequisite: CO 1405 – Microcomputer Applications)
CO 2446 Open Source Business Systems I
|Total Concentration Course Hours||16|
|FD 1412 Management Intervention (required at the beginning of the student’s program)||4|
|Total Foundational Hours||4|
|Elective Course Hours (select from 1000-2000 level courses)||24|
|Total Hours for Associate Degree||64|