The Master of Divinity (MDiv) in Ministerial Leadership is a professional-level degree program for individuals planning to enter or continue careers in full-time ministry and further opportunities by preparation for admission to more advanced studies such as the Doctor of Ministry degree program. A major element of this program provides students with extensive studies in the biblical text and thorough preparation in theology and various areas of practical ministry. Through completion of this program, graduates will be able to conduct their ministry at the highest level of professional competence and communicate in a manner that is intellectually articulate. Also, graduates will be committed to, and effective in, evangelism. Finally, graduates of the MDiv in Ministerial Leadership will be able to conduct themselves and relate to others in a way that is spiritually mature and morally sensitive. The program seeks to prepare students for professions in ministry and further opportunities by preparation for admission to more advanced studies such as the Doctor of Ministry degree program.
Advanced Bible Placement of 15 Hours –Students who have a major in religious studies on the undergraduate level will receive 15 semester hours Advanced Bible Placement – reducing required degree total from 90 to 75 semester hours. Note: Hebrew and/or Greek languages are recommended in the MDiv program, but not required.
Upon completion of the Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Pursue or continue a career in full-time ministry at the highest level;
- Learn extensive principles from the text of the Bible and practical ways to lead Christian ministry;
- Implement principles of evangelism, edification, and benevolence.
- Communicate in an effective manner; and
- Practice spiritual maturity and moral sensitivity to people in need.
These outcomes are assessed through a comprehensive examination. A student may demonstrate achievement of these outcomes by receiving a passing grade (i.e., ”Qualifying” or “Qualifying with Distinction”) for the comprehensive examination given for this degree.
Time Normally Required to Complete the Program
The Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership may be completed in about three years. A student may take the courses on a part-time or full-time basis.
Graduation Requirements for the Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership
Before being graduated with the Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. A total of 90 graduate semester hours of which at least 48 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University, if there is no Advanced Bible Placement applied. If 15 hours of Advanced Bible Placement are applied, 33 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
2. Complete all required coursework for the degree;
3. Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0;
4. Students who expect to pursue further graduate study beyond this degree should maintain a 3.0 GPA;
5. Pass the respective Comprehensive Examination as specified within this publication. The Comprehensive Examination serves as the Program Exit Examination; and
6. Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application . The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
Required Courses for the Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership
The Course Requirements of 90 semester credit hours for the degree program Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership consists of program specific courses (54 semester hours) and elective courses (36 semester hours).
|Required Courses for the Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership||Sem. Hrs.|
|FD 7323||Synthesis of Theological Curriculum II||3|
|FT 7301||Introduction to Pastoral Counseling||3|
|LD 6351||Leadership Foundations||3|
|LD 6353||Leadership Vision and Values||3|
|LD 6357||Organizational Communication||3|
|LD 6358||Theories of Motivational Leadership||3|
|LD 6360||Negotiation and Conflict Resolution||3|
|LD 6362||Spiritual Leadership||3|
|NT 6301||Critical Introduction to the New Testament||3|
|NT 6312||The Life and Teachings of Christ||3|
|NT 6320||The Book of Acts||3|
|OT 6301||Critical Introduction to the Old Testament||3|
|PS 6310||Personal Evangelism||3|
|RS 6339||Research and Evaluation||3|
|TH 6310||Systematic Theology||3|
|TH 6320||Christian Evidences||3|
|Total Required Hours for Masters Degree||54|
|Elective Courses for the Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership|
|General Electives: Can include courses in Leadership, Languages, and Textual courses||18|
|Professional Studies, Missions, and Counseling courses||9|
|Total Elective Hours for Masters Degree||36|
|**Total Hours for Masters Degree||90|