The Master of Science in Ministerial Leadership is a professional-level degree designed to prepare students for work in Christian ministry with a practitioner’s approach to Biblical studies. Likewise, this program provides a foundation for students to pursue more advanced studies and degree programs such as the Master of Divinity in Ministerial Leadership followed by the Doctor of Ministry.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Ministerial Leadership Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of leadership principles necessary to create a healthy culture, effectively make decisions, communicate with others, and address issues of conflict and motivation, while leading an organization from a values-based position.
- Research biblical teachings as they relate to church ministry and Christian life.
- Demonstrate professional skills necessary to effectively lead a ministry.
Time Normally Required to Complete the Program
The Master of Science in Ministerial Leadership may be completed in 5 semesters. A student may take courses on a part-time or full-time basis.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MINISTERIAL LEADERSHIP
Before being graduated with the Master of Science in Ministerial Leadership, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Complete a total of 39 graduate semester hours of the required course work;
2. At least 21 of the graduate semester hours must be from Amridge University;
3. Complete all required coursework for the degree;
4. Have cumulative GPA of 2.0;
5. Students who expect to pursue further graduate study beyond this degree should maintain a 3.0 GPA; and
6. Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
The Course Requirements of 39 semester credit hours for the degree program Master of Science in Ministerial Leadership consists of program specific courses.
|Required Courses for the Master of Science in Ministerial Leadership||Sem. Hrs.|
|FD 6312 Hermeneutics||3|
|FT 7301 Introduction to Pastoral Counseling||3|
|LD 6353 Leadership Vision and Values||3|
|LD 6357 Organizational Communication||3|
|LD 6358 Theories of Motivational Leadership||3|
|LD 6360 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution||3|
|LD 6362 Spiritual Leadership||3|
|NT 6312 The Life and Teachings of Christ||3|
|NT 6320 The Book of Acts||3|
|PS 6302 Homiletics||3|
|PS 6310 Personal Evangelism||3|
|RS 6339 Research and Evaluation||3|
|TH 6310 Systematic Theology||3|
|LD 6385 Ministerial Leadership||3|
|Total Hours for Masters Degree||39|