Amridge University Commencement 2019
Amridge University would like you to join us during Commencement weekend where we will recognize the academic achievements of our graduating students. The information found here will assist you and your guests as you make plans to participate in the weekend’s celebration events.
Date: Friday, May 24th, 2019
Select here for Graduation Itinerary Details
Time: 11:00 am CST
Location: The Renaissance Montgomery Performing Arts Centre (MPAC)– Montgomery, AL
Located in Downtown Montgomery at 201 Tallapoosa St, Montgomery, AL 36104.
Disability Accommodations for Graduates: Please contact Elaine Tarence at 334.387.7528 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you will need accommodations during the commencement ceremony (wheel chair, seating accommodations, walking assistance).
Upon entering the Renaissance complex, graduates will see Amridge signs with arrows pointing the way to the “Graduation Events” which will be held in the Montgomery Performing Arts Centre (MPAC) area. Amridge staff will be on site to assist in directing you to the appropriate place to receive your caps and gowns. They will also assist your families in locating the area where the graduation ceremony will take place. Further instructions for graduates will be given on site.
Caps, Gowns, Hoods
The honor cords awarded at the Amridge University graduation ceremony have specific meaning. Each cord awarded has a required cumulative grade point average for each level of honor.
Cum Laude 3.500-3.699 — red honor cord
Magna Cum Laude 3.700-3.899—gold honor cord
Summa Cum Laude 3.900-4.00—red honor cord
- Advanced degree candidates wear hoods.
- The lining of the Amridge University hood is blue and white, and the velvet border of the hood is red.
- All candidates will retain their cap, gown, and tassel.
Proper Attire and Etiquette
Amridge University graduation participants will receive a black cap and gown along with a red tassel.
- Amridge University Policy states that candidates may not alter or decorate their regalia in any way or wear additional articles not sanctioned by the university. Doing so may interfere with your ability to participate in the graduation ceremony. This includes stoles.
- Tassels are worn on the left side of the graduation cap at all times.
- Men should wear dark slacks and dark shoes. Women should wear dark shoes and simple jewelry.
The diploma cover you will receive at the ceremony will be empty. You will be given your diploma after the graduation ceremony. If you are unable to attend the commencement ceremony, your diploma will be mailed to you.
Map – Renaissance Montgomery Performing Arts Centre, 201 Tallapoosa St, Montgomery, AL 36104.
Contact: 337.387.7528 or email@example.com
|Renaissance Hotel (MPAC)||334.481.5000||201 Tallapoosa St|
|Embassy Suites (Downtown)||334-269-5055||300 Tallapoosa St|
|Doubletree by Hilton||334-245-2320||120 Madison Ave.|
|Hampton Inn and Suites||334-265-1010||100 Commerce St|
Fill Out Your Degree Completion Form to Petition for Graduation
Earning a degree from Amridge University is an honor and an accomplishment. While you’ll often hear the terms “graduation” and “commencement” used interchangeably, there are actually significant differences.
- Applying for graduation is a process whereby students nearing the completion of their degree requirements formally alert the University of their expectation to graduate. Students who will be graduating must fill out a Degree Completion Application no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met.
- Graduation, or the act of earning a degree, refers to the successful completion of all credit hours and other degree requirements (such as practicum hours) in a particular academic program. Every May, August, and December, each School and College may confer academic degrees. Once these obligations have been satisfied, students are considered degree candidates or candidates for graduation until final grades are submitted, fees paid, and other University obligations satisfied. Students who are considered a conferred degree candidate will receive their diplomas in at the appointed Commencement ceremony. Diplomas are given to students who participate in the Commencement ceremony, while students who are not able to attend are mailed their diploma after the Commencement event.
- Commencement is the formal ceremony held to publicly recognize and congratulate the degree candidates.
Degree Completion Instructions:
- Follow your Academic Plan closely (through Self-Service)
- Petition to graduate the semester BEFORE the semester you intend to graduate by filling out the Degree Completion Application and submitting the non-refundable fee of $225
- Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.
- The fee can be paid using Financial Aid.
- The fee must only be paid once and is good until you graduate.
- The fee includes the cap and gown (both will be provided at graduation, prior to the ceremony).
- You will receive a confirmation email once the Application has been submitted
- The graduation ceremony occurs one time per year, following the end of the Spring term.
- If you have filled out the Degree Completion Application, information regarding graduation will be emailed to you starting in March (not before!)