Academics | Excellence | Service
Amridge University offers distance learning programs in Associates, Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctoral degrees.Get Started in an online program today!
Graduates of the College of Business and Leadership will be prepared for careers and professions that provide support and services for the well-being of individuals, family, or society and qualified to seek admission for advanced levels of study.
- Each student will acquire a basic core of knowledge of leadership, related disciplines, and practical methods as a foundation for a productive professional life.
- Each student will develop intellectual capacities for critical thinking and problem solving, for analyzing and utilizing information, and for reasoning ethically and morally in decision-making.
- Each student will develop skills for research, human relations, leadership, and oral and written communication appropriate to that student’s profession.
- Each student will gain essential knowledge, develop proper attitudes, and acquire important skills to prepare for more advanced studies, for employment in a chosen profession, and/or for life-long learning.
- Each student will learn to use the latest technologies used in the fields associated with the program of study.
The programs in the College of General Studies provide a foundation that prepares students for graduate level study. These programs are designed within the mission of the University for preparing men and women, through a commitment to academic excellence, distance education and spiritual vitality at the undergraduate level, so that they can serve in their chosen vocations in the church, community, or society.
- Enhance student learning by providing educational opportunities at the undergraduate level through a carefully planned and implemented program of study.
- Provide scheduled and effectively utilized distance learning technologies to foster the ability for students to learn anytime and anywhere.
- Provide foundation programs of study to undergraduate students that complement the University’s graduate programs and encourage students to further their studies for careers and professions to serve in the church, community, and/or society.
- Develop and maintain periodic internal evaluation to ensure that all programs operating within a manner consistent with the mission of Amridge University.
- Provide students with instruction on the use of the latest technologies used in the fields associated with their respective program of study.
The purpose of the School of Human Services is to prepare students for careers and professions that are dedicated to providing support and services for the well-being of individuals, family, the church, and society in the spirit of Christian services. This purpose will be accomplished by providing students with an interdisciplinary learning and serving experience with core courses and focused knowledge and skills in a major which may include, but will not be limited to family therapy and human communications.
- Acquire a basic core of knowledge of psychology, family therapy, counseling, related disciplines, and practical methods as a foundation for a productive professional life.
- Develop intellectual capacities for critical thinking and problem solving, for analyzing and utilizing information, and for reasoning ethically and morally in decision making.
- Develop skills for scientific research, human relations, leadership, and oral and written communication appropriate to that student’s profession.
- Gain essential knowledge, developing proper attitudes, and acquiring important skills, each student will be prepared for more advanced studies, for employment in a chosen profession, and/or for life-long learning.
- Develop proper attitudes and values and through acquiring skills in communication and human relations, each student will be prepared to function responsibly and effectively in the familial, social, and civic arenas of life.
The purpose of the Turner School of Theology is to provide for the educational development of qualified persons to be effective Christian ministers, church leaders, teachers, and scholars who will use their gifts and knowledge in proclaiming the gospel, strengthening the church, and serving humanity. The programs of instruction are biblical in orientation, scholarly in intellectual preparation, and relevant to contemporary life in application. These programs include a strong emphasis in biblical studies, supported by studies in such fields as biblical languages, church history, systematic theology, homiletics and communication, religious education, professional ministerial studies, and missiology.
- Acquire a broad, if not comprehensive knowledge, of the Bible, related disciplines, and practical methods of ministry as a foundation for a life of Christian service.
- Develop intellectual capacities for critical thinking and problem solving to enable one to analyze, evaluate, organize, and synthesize information and use it constructively and creatively.
- Develop attitudes and values appropriate to a life of Christian faith and practice
- Gain essential knowledge, develop proper attitudes, and acquire important skills, be prepared for more advanced employment in the area of Christian ministries, and/or for life-long learning.
- Develop Christian attitudes and values through acquiring skills in communication and human relations, be prepared to function responsibly, and effectively in the familial, social, and civic arenas of life.
Amridge University is a private nonprofit distance learning university, offering all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs online to the working adult.
Founded in 1967, Amridge University has been a long time leader in online education. Distance learning is the primary instructional delivery system for all our programs.
Our goal is to help you obtain your degree through rigorous distance learning degree programs and specialized Student Support Services.
Amridge was chosen as one of the first 15 participants in the nation selected by the U.S. Department of Education to pilot Distance Education.
Resulting in a change to the federal law to allow more students to access distance education.
If you are interested in learning more about Amridge University, fill out a request for information and one of our Admissions staff members will contact you!
Our tuition costs are competitive with in-state tuition for public universities. 90 percent of all Amridge students receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, and other sources. Amridge is student service driven. Our staff is prepared to answer student questions ranging from academic programs, financial aid to technology support.
Our mission is to prepare men and women, through a commitment to academic excellence and spiritual vitality for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service to their professions, society church, and family.